I picked this up and it had the usual rear panel cut out (why always with a torch??) and i needed to figure out what i was going to do. I was hemming and hawing about making it a worknig tailgate or to solid mount it again. Well i decided to make it one piece again. All the trailers i had that i made with a tailgate, well i did not use it as much as I thought i would. I was going to use the 1x1 square tubing for a frame to put my original steel on, but i did not think it would really match. I ended up cutting out some sheetmetal and bending it to match the angles of the tub. Then i cut out the rotted sides of the original panel and with a strip of steel i mated the original to the new metal. It will look a bit more original than the square tubing route. once i smooth teh selds and sand blast it, it should work pretty good. The landing leg is on order, so i should have a complete trailer.