Discussion in 'Quitters' Club' started by garage gnome, Nov 3, 2019.
Hey What's the white stuff
Its, uhhhh, sea foam.
I made up both transfer case shifters and the one linkage. I have to wait for my transfer case adapter for the rear to be finished so I can make the other linkage. I used a couple of D18 knobs.
Got one more piece of the puzzle, well actually 5 pieces. 35x10.5 R16 TSL's for $200 with 75% or more tread. Anyone need some landrover wheels? 5 on 6.5 bolt pattern.
I love those tires! Been dreaming about building a dedicated wheeler for myself lately and can’t help but peruse the ads for deals. Well done!
I'm trying to build this whole truck on a budget. When I'm done, I'll figure out how much it cost total.
Got the 5.3 in today and the th400 mounted up to it! Just waiting on my transfer case adapter. The freebie forklift is very handy.
That's a good looking truck.
I cut the bubbafied rear frame off the K10 and welded a suburban frame on. This give me the proper spring geometry and I now have a rear mount fuel tank with a TBI fuel pump which is needed for the LS swap. Oh, and I also made it a K5 Blazer wheel base.
Short is cool but it will pogo down the road.
I got the dual transfer cases done for the most part. Still have to build cross members. I had a local fab shop cut the circles out on their water jet table out of 1/2" plate. Then I took a piece of 6" pipe and faced it off on the lathe. The fab shop made one circle the same OD as the pipe and the scribed where the other one had to go.
Before fully welding it together, I put it all together to get the clocking correct.
And the adapter all welded.
And all installed!
Are you planning on cutting the 241 case to remove the front output?
Wasn’t going too. It’s not in the way.
Neat setup. Oh the possibilities when there’s wheelbase to work with!
I had a little setback while putting the rear axle in. Its from a 67-72 K20 and apparently the springs were narrower than on the 73-87 trucks. So rather than attempt to cut the original spring perches off, I made some adapters.
And now its sitting on all 4 36" tires and the new front 4" lift springs. Looks much better now.
The rear driveshaft angle doesn't look bad at all. The rear lift blocks are angled, so it kicked the pinion up nicely.
Finally finished up the front suspension and did a flex test. The rear has 29" of travel and the front has 26". I'm pretty happy with that.
Separate names with a comma.